Even the simplest injuries or illness can have a big impact on a person’s home and work life and can involve very complex rehabilitation. There are often many people that have an active interest in an injured person’s rehabilitation, including the injured person, the treating doctors, allied health professionals including physiotherapists, occupational therapists, exercise physiologists, psychologists, dieticians and podiatrists, as well as the person’s employer and insurer. Coordinating rehabilitation can be very time consuming and complicated. Advantage Injury Management Services can provide Case Management, with services including the following:
* Maintain contact with the injured person via regular phone calls and face-to-face meetings.
* Make medical appointments and coordinate treatment with various allied health professionals.
* Attend medical appointments with the injured person and help the injured person to understand their injury or illness.
* Organise and attend case conferences with all interested parties.
* Provide regular updates on an injured person’s progress to interested parties.
* Provide referral for treatment and services.
* Organise quotes for service and equipment provision.
At Advantage Injury Management Services we are experienced in rehabilitation and injury management and can assist an employer or insurer with monitoring and implementing recommended goals. Using an external provider for case management often helps to maintain a good worker/ employer relationship. If you are having difficulty, please call us at Advantage Injury Management Services and let us take over your case management.
Blog – Beth Potter (Physiotherapist)