Initial Needs Assessment
An initial needs assessment is an assessment that is used to determine a client’s rehabilitation needs. This assessment is completed by an occupational therapist or physiotherapist, experienced in compensation, compulsory third party and income protection matters. The goal of the assessment is to provide rehabilitation recommendations that will facilitate a return to work or return to activities of daily living following injury or illness.
What does an initial needs assessment involve?
An initial needs assessment is usually completed at our office, however can be completed at the client’s home if required. The assessment is usually 1.5 to 2 hours in duration, and involves an assessment of the following:
- Physical abilities and limitations
- Activities of daily living
- Employment status
- Liaison with treating medical practitioners and allied health professionals.
- On completion of the assessment, you will be provided with a comprehensive report, including recommendations to achieve physical and vocational rehabilitation goals.
Our team of occupational therapists and physiotherapists will also provide case management to ensure that the rehabilitation goals are implemented and achieved within a realistic time frame.
When to use an initial needs assessment?
- When a client is reporting ongoing difficulties with any or all of the following: physical injuries, ability to return to work and/or activities of daily living.
- For workers who sustain multiple injuries or complex injuries and illness
- For complicated or prolonged claims and injuries
- Difficulties contacting clients
- Income protection or compulsory third party personal injury claims
What are the benefits of an initial needs assessment?
- You will gain a clear summary of the client’s status.
- You will be given a detailed plan specifying rehabilitation needs, and time frames for goals to be achieved.
- Advantage Injury Management Services will implement and monitor the recommended goals, ensuring timely gains are achieved.
- Advantage Injury Management Services can provide many rehabilitation services, such as gym programs, vocational rehabilitation and injury management, ensuring that recommendations are commenced without delay.
If you would like more information or to book an initial needs assessment, simply contact us.