A job dictionary is a detailed document containing all the work tasks completed in a workplace. The document contains photographs and a description of the physical movements required of each task. This comprehensive document can be utilised to identify suitable duties, and is particularly useful when liaising with doctors to assist in establishing return to work programs for injured workers.
What does the provision of a job dictionary involve?
- Our occupational therapist or physiotherapist will attend your workplace to complete a thorough task analysis and assessment of each workplace task. The amount of time required to complete such an assessment will vary, depending on the number of work roles, and the physical requirements of each task. Advantage Injury Management Services will be able to provide you an estimate of time required prior to commencement of the assessment.
- Advantage Injury Management Services will be required to take photographs of your employees completing work tasks.
- Following completion of the assessment, you will be provided with a comprehensive document outlining all physical demands and movements required for the completion of each work role. This document contains a table identifying whether particular movements or postures are constant, frequent or occasional.
Please note that development of a job dictionary is not a manual tasks audit or musculoskeletal risk assessment, and therefore will not provide information regarding injury risk or hierarchy of injury prevention.
What are the benefits of using a job dictionary?
There are a number of benefits in having Advantage Injury Management Services provide a job dictionary for your workplace demands:
- It provides clear documentation of the physical demands required of your employees in all areas of your workplace.
- Provides a clear outline of the physical demands of each role to assist in identification of suitable duties.
- Easy to follow document that can be interpreted by doctors and management to assist with return to work planning.
- Can be utilised to compliment pre-employment screen (link) information.
Advantage Injury Management Services will provide you with a detailed job dictionary document following an onsite consultation.