A manual handling risk assessment is a comprehensive assessment of the physical demands of all work tasks completed in an individual workplace. A manual handling risk assessment can sometimes be known as a risk assessment or manual tasks audit. The purpose of a manual handling risk assessment is to identify any physical or environment hazards which put workers at a greater risk of sustaining a musculoskeletal or manual handling injury.
A comprehensive report outlining all physical demands, risks and solutions for the short/long term prevention of injuries in the work place will be documented.
Please note this is not an occupational health and safety audit.
Information provided in a manual handling risk assessment includes:
- A detailed task analysis of employment activities. This includes an explanation of what area/part of the workers body are most at risk of a musculoskeletal injury.
- An analysis of current injury data.
- An identification of manual handling injury hazards (e.g. worker interaction with equipment, workplace environment or organization and other human factors).
- A rating of the assessed risks and priorities for risk control.
- A detailed explanation and prioritization of potential control measures to reduce risks.
What are the benefits of a manual handling risk assessment?
There are a number of benefits in having Advantage Injury Management Services complete a manual handling risk assessment, including:
- Risk identification and risk control can result in the human and economic savings by avoiding injury and associated claims.
- Assisting in the recruitment of appropriate future employees by the comprehensive reporting of physical demands and potential manual handling risks.
- Improve efficiency and physical function regarding work completion.
- Improve staff morale by making relevant changes to improve their health and safety in the workplace.
- Assist in identifying the need for job specific training, manual handling training or provision of a comprehensive ergonomic assessment.
Advantage Injury Management Services will provide you with a comprehensive risk assessment report following an onsite assessment. We also more than happy to be assist in the process of initiating the appropriate control measures.