Online Manual Handling Training Course
Employers all have a duty of care to ensure the safety of their staff at work, and to provide relevant safety and manual handling training. Injuries as a result of poor manual handling contribute to significant business costs for Queensland employers every year and companies can be at increased risk of manual handling injuries if training does not keep up with changes in staff, work practices and technological and equipment changes.
It is not always possible to provide “hands-on” group training by a professional provider when it is needed, due to location of the worksites and the frequency of new staff requiring safety induction and training. For this reason, Advantage Injury Management Services can provide an Online Manual Handling Training course.
Why provide online manual handling training?
The primary reason for providing manual handling training is to educate your staff regarding safe manual handling practices and consequently minimise the risk of injury. If you have worksites in remote areas and it is difficult or costly to arrange a professional provider to visit your workplace to deliver the training, or if you have high staff turnover and need regular training of new staff as part of safety induction, then we recommend on-line training as an effective way of providing the education that your staff need. The benefits of on-line training are:
- The content factors in up-to-date manual handling best practice as well as accurate legislation and medical information.
- Ability to reach all staff in a quick and time efficient manner, with minimal disruption to business.
- Reduce employee downtime.
- Education and assessment based training will ensure that all participants understand the content of the course and take away valuable knowledge required for safe work practices.
- Provision of education in risk assessment and manual handling procedures will help to prevent and reduce the risk of injury in the workplace.
- Ensures that all workers can access the training, regardless of location.
- Training is consistent and uniform for all participants.
- Training can be completed before commencement of employment, or on an annual basis.
- The program can be delivered in multiple languages.
What does Advantage Injury Management Services Online Manual Handling Training involve?
- The program is an “easy to use” web based manual handling training package that can be accessed from any location with an internet connection.
- The training is delivered through video, pictures and written script. Accessed through Advantage IMS website, or we can link it to the employers intranet/ training interface.
- The program takes about 45 minutes to complete for most participants. Participants who continually revise the content or fail the questions will take longer to complete it.
- The training is competency based and includes a 20 question assessment which must be passed before the training program is completed.
- The employers will receive written documentation and easy to access data regarding participants completion and achievement of the course. This information can be easily downloaded or printed to be attached to HR files. An online log will be maintained.
- Licences can be provided to employers at very short notice, for training to be accessed almost immediately.