Transferable Skills Analysis (TSA)
A transferable skills analysis is an assessment of a client’s skills, experience, knowledge and interests, that they have acquired through work and life experiences. A transferable skills analysis will summarise this information, with the view to provide recommendations for employment and job opportunities that would be appropriate given the clients accumulated transferable skills and experiences. A transferable skills assessment is particularly useful when extensive retraining is not required to enter the open labour market.
An Advantage Injury Management Services transferable skills analysis not only considers a diverse range of transferable skills, but also gives consideration to physical and functional abilities. By considering both elements, we are able to assist injured workers to identify careers that are enjoyable and sustainable when career transition is required.
The transferable skills analysis is usually completed in our offices, and can take up to 2 hours to complete. Following the assessment a detailed report is completed that provides recommendations regarding realistic employment opportunities, redeployment and on the job training.
What are transferable skills?
When completing a transferable skills assessment, transferable skills refer to all the skills, abilities, knowledge and interests that a person has acquired. Transferable skills are not limited to skills learned through study and employment. Rather they encompass skills and abilities related to:
- Life experiences - for example being a mother or father, great time management skills, ability to budget and manage money
- Recreational activities & interests - for example boating, fishing, gardening, motor cross etc
- General knowledge - awareness of current affairs, ability to operate vehicles, food preparation and hygiene etc
- Computer skills – such as ability to send an email, create documents, operate spreadsheets etc
- Study and employment - specific knowledge and skills related to previous employment roles or study completed
How can I use transferable skills analysis results?
Transferable skills analysis results can be used for a variety of uses in including:
- To identify short or long term employment opportunities based on a client’s skill set and employment history.
- To identify short courses to promote redeployment.
- To identify on the job training requirements.
- To assist in identifying appropriate host employment options to facilitate on the job training.
- To assist with resume writing.
If you would like more information or to book a transferable skills analysis, simply contact us.